Week 1: 3/30
- week 1.1 int94, welcome and overview
- week 1.2 int94, getting started with Brackets, Cyberduck, and Reclaim Hosting
- week 1.3 int94, setting up Cyberduck
- week 1.4 int94, using Nectir and Zoom
- download a text editor–preferably Brackets (see the Resources page for other options)
- download an FTP program–preferably Cyberduck (see Resources page for other options)
- purchase webhosting and a domain name from Reclaim Hosting
- send me the URL for your website (email@example.com) by Friday 4/3
- send a message on Nectir
- check in during Zoom office hours (I’ll send you an invitation via email)
Week 2: 4/6
- work through the HTML Beginner tutorial at HTML Dog
- complete Exercise #1: create and post a web page that has a title, paragraphs, headings, an ordered and unordered list, a link, and an image (including a table and a form is optional); send me the URL for this page by Friday 4/10 at 5:00 pm (PST)
- check out Pixlr and this basic tutorial by me
Week 3: 4/13
- work through the CSS Beginner tutorial at HTML Dog
- complete Exercise #2: create and post an external style sheet to format the HTML page you created in the previous exercise or on a new HTML page; send me the URL for this page by Friday 4/17 at 5:00 pm (PST)
Week 4: 4/20
- work through the HTML Intermediate tutorial (just the sections on spans/divs and meta tags) and the CSS Intermediate tutorial at HTML Dog
- complete Exercise #3: create and post a webpage that uses spans and divs, meta tags, classes and ids, grouping and nesting, pseudo classes for links, shorthand for borders and margins, and a background image; send me the URL for this page by Friday 4/24 at 5:00 pm (PST)
Week 5: 4/27
- explore the templates available at
- download Story at HTML5 UP!
- modify the Story template, following these instructions for modifying the Story template v1, modifying the Story template v2, and modifying the Story template v3
- choose your own template (or continue working with Story), setting up your own content, images, and links
- upload your template to your public_html folder and send me the link (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Week 6: 5/4
- continue working on your template, following these instructions for modifying the Story template v2
Week 7: 5/11
- continue working on your template, following these instructions for modifying the Story template v3
- create a complete website to show others in class; send me the link by Friday, May 15 at 5:00 pm (PST)
Week 8: 5/18
set up your contact form using Formspree (easy and free)
- in index.html, at the beginning of your form, specify the action: <form method=”post” action=”https://formspree.io/youremailaddress“>
- use your actual email address rather than the words “youremailaddress”
- Make sure that every section of the form as a name attribute. If you’re using a HTML5 UP template, this should already be done for you.
- Save and upload index.html.
- Fill out the form on the live site and click Send or Submit.
- You’ll be taken to a page in Formspree that asks you to confirm your email.
- Log in to your email account and confirm your email.
- You’ll be taken to a page that says Email Confirmed. Your form is up and running!
test your site’s accessibility using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool
Week 9: 5/25 – holiday!
Week 10: 6/1
- website showcase!