Try out Screencast-o-matic to make a screencast for your partner with feedback on their BSG draft.
First, look through the draft pages and get a sense of what points you want to make. You want to identify parts of the BSG that you really like as well as areas where you have questions or suggestions for the author. Scroll through the pages and use the cursor to point to specific areas on the screen. Aim for a feedback of around 5 minutes.
Recording with Screencast-o-matic
- Open up the BSG draft pages on your desktop.
- Go to Screencast-o-matic.com.
- Click on Record for Free. You’ll be prompted to download Screencast-o-matic and open it on your desktop.
- Click on the red Record button to start a new recording.
- Adjust the size of the frame so that the BSG fits within it.
- Click on red Rec button again, and after the 3-2-1 countdown start speaking.
- If you make a mistake or want to start again, click on the Pause button and then click on the Trash icon and select the Yes, Start Over button.
- Click on the Pause button when you’re done, and then click on Done.
- Click on Save/Upload, and then click on Save as Video File.
- Screencast-o-matic will create an mp4 file on your desktop.
- Send this mp4 file to your partner via email.
- Alyssa: email@example.com