This is the second of two capstone courses in the Multimedia Communication track of the Professional Writing Minor. At the end of this course, you’ll have a professional website with your writing and multimedia projects in a variety of genres representing the range of work that you’ve done as a writing Minor, as a student in other courses, and as an intern, employee, and member of organizations during your college career.
The assignments in the course ask you to engage in activities that will help you improve as a writer in print and multimedia; specifically, you’ll be asked to
- learn HTML and CSS in order to design and code standards-compliant websites;
- compose and design a professional website to showcase your work;
- create one or more multimedia projects;
- apply and articulate design principles for the web;
- and continue developing facility with a variety of software programs.
The syllabus, schedule, assignments, readings, and resources for the course can be found here at https://sorapure.net/155b. As in Writing 155A, we’ll be using this website and Google drive for course materials and Zoom for individual and small group meetings. This website will be updated regularly.
The assignments for the course constitute your final grade, roughly as follows:
- Resource presentation: 15%
- Professional website: 50%
- WordPress (or other) blog/site: 20%
- Multimedia project: 15%
- Class will be meeting in person in SSMS 1007 on TR 11:00-12:15.
- My office hours will be via Zoom on MW from 10:00-11:00 as well as by appointment.
- Also, I am always available to help via email (email@example.com), during Zoom office hours, or by appointment.
- Google folder for the class