The Santa Barbara Independent is hiring a Web Content Manager. The Indy has a reputation as an excellent place to work. Interviews are starting this week.
Job Description for Web Content Manager
- 35 hours/week
- $15-$18/hour depending on experience
- Become part of team of two web content managers who share duties
- Publish all editorial content (articles, cover stories, special sections, announcements, etc.) on independent.com
- Embed photos and multimedia content into stories, maintaining a clean, consistent look
- Schedule content across social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Produce and curate daily newsletter and other email products
- Rotate featured stories across independent.com in collaboration with editors
- Be on-call to post stories and multimedia during breaking news, and other timely content
- Assist with multimedia production and implementation
- Attend weekly editorial meetings and keep up-to-date with latest Independent goals
Next up in the AS Media Center Workshop Wednesday series, “Adobe Lightroom Fundamentals” with Andy Doerr, May 26, 3 to 4 p.m. Zoom link: http://bit.ly/asworkshopwed-lightroomLearn how to use this powerful program to give your photos that extra punch!. Students, staff and faculty welcome. More info at: https://mediacenter.as.ucsb.edu.
Location: Remote for now but the right candidate will need to live in LA or nearby (OC, Long Beach, Oxnard, etc., all acceptable if they’re ok with occasional commuting.
Starting salary: 35-40k with room to grow
Benefits: Health benefits and employee discount
Link to apply: https://fromtheearth.applytojob.com/apply/gnJFAZxxEf/Marketing-Associate?referrer=20210516033114RU2BWGS5DDBVW3KM
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO AUTHOR
(remote now, but in-person soon)
- Mac + WordPress aptitude necessary
- Creative and positive attitude
- Familiarity with Submittable platform an asset
- Major or minor degree in English or Creative Writing preferred*** The employer prefers that the candidate be available until at least the end of 2021.
Hours: Approximately 10-15 hours per week
Compensation: Negotiable and dependent upon experience
Contact: Please respond with resume to email@example.com
Next up in the AS Media Center Workshop Wednesday series, “Vacation Photography” with Andy Doerr, May 19, 3 to 4 p.m. Zoom link: http://bit.ly/asworkshopwed-vphotoSummer vacation is on the way, so let’s take a look at how to take better pictures and tell the stories of the people and places you visit. Students, staff and faculty welcome. More info at: https://mediacenter.as.ucsb.edu.
Tapas Media is a webcomic and webnovel platform that serves as both an open-publishing platform for creators as well as a studio that creates original premium stories in-house.
The Novels team is looking to hire a paid Novels Editor Intern for the summer; there are intern openings on the comics side as well.
Please consider contributing to the Humanities and Fine Arts Virtual Yearbook. The deadline for submissions is May 16.
Sophia Sherman, an alum of the Multimedia Communication track, shared these positions with Flock Freight: https://www.flockfreight.com/about-us/careers/jobs/?gh_jid=4479615003. She loves working for this company and highly recommends these positions.
Next up in the AS Media Center Workshop Wednesdays series, Video Editing 101 with Sunny Park, May 5, 3 to 4 p.m., Zoom link: http://bit.ly/asworkshopwed-videoediting, Introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro – from importing to exporting and everything in between. Students, staff, and faculty welcome. More info at: https://mediacenter.as.ucsb.edu.
Mentioned in an earlier post, but here’s a link to the ad on Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4647253